Saturday, February 23, 2008

First Day Jitters

This is the very first posting of my blog sight so bear with me. I have been wanting to do this for a while but was a little nervous about jumping in. My intention for this site is to be posting a painting every day...or so...and I didn't know if I could do it. But the only way to find out is to try...so here I am.

I probably should say a little something about myself. As far back as I can remember I have been doing art in some form or another. I eventually went to art school to get a an undergrad and a master's degree in art education. I taught school for about ten years and then stayed at home to raise my daughter. During that time I worked from home as a freelance illustrator, creating designs for the party good's and giftware industry. During the last five years I have gone back to oil painting and am absolutely loving it. I have studied with some great teachers at the Art Student's League in New York like, Joe Peller, Sharon Sprung (she is the featured artist on the cover of April 2008's The Artist Magazine) and Frank Arcuri.

Anyway, at this point I would like to present the first of my painting a day paintings. I hope you like them. (I already goofed...see above this posting.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! What fabulous auction prices for these one of a kind items. I know how wonderful they look in person!
Regina

Rita Marandino said...

Thanks Reg...